You are an understated traveller. Travel is only one of your interests in life, but that’s not to say you don’t appreciate a good vacation! You’re naturally drawn to beautiful landscapes and love getting to know the locals while you vacation. You generally don’t like to plan too far in advance, instead, you like to go with the flow, allowing your days to unwind as they will, checking out attractions and events you encounter along the way.
Discover our wilderness surroundings on your terms; hike off the grid throughout rich forests and alpine blooms, find your own private fishing hole and your best catch yet in our lakes and rivers, search the shoreline for bears from a boat or watch the mesmerizing salmon run. Our rugged wilderness oasis is waiting for you to venture out and uncover our rustic backcountry playground.
Choose your Adventure:
- Paddle Murtle Lake, North America’s largest canoe-only lake, to a secluded beach campsite
- Keep an eye out for our local bear population aboard a River Safari Tour or rumble through forested bear habitat on a Jeep Safari Tour
- Catch the cool spray from waterfalls as you hike the rugged paths to where they plummet into rivers in Wells Gray Park
- Revel in no line-ups at Sun Peak’s Resort and plunge down untouched powdery slopes, your “S” curves leaving the only trace
- Jam through a snow-kissed wonderland plowing your own trail snowmobiling through crystal-dipped trees and over frozen ponds
- Marvel in the wondrous return of the Salmon to Rearguard Falls near Mount Robson in Valemount, as they make their final swim and jumps upstream
- Hike at your own pace and stop to smell the flowers hiking through Sun Peak Resort’s alpine blossoms
- Study the account of the great fire in Barriere of 2003 at the McLure Wildfire Monument and be amazed at how the community banded together
- Chin wag with locals at a Farmer’s Market in Sun Peaks, Barriere, Clearwater, and Valemount — and maybe learn a new recipe or two