You like to blend in like a local on vacation. You’re happiest when getting away from it all, becoming immersed in the culture, history and lifestyle of the places you vacation.
Cultural Exploreres are spontaneous, and you want to experience it all, from historic sites to modern culture. For you travel is all about leaving your everyday world behind. You prefer to skip the tourist route. Instead, you’re looking for offbeat adventures, maybe to better understand how locals live.
Immerse yourself in our local culture. Discover old west ways in new west times. Capture guided journey’s that reveal the secrets and history of our region. Try to tame natural wonders with paddles, skis and man’s best friend. The North Thompson Valley is geared up for your journey where you won’t just sit on the side lines; you’ll jump in with both feet.
Top Ways to Throw Yourself into the North Thompson Valley:
- Cheer on raw animal power and get your fill of down home cookin’ at the North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo every August long weekend
- Indulge in a winter weekend of skiing and fine wine at the Okanagan Winter Wine Festival at Sun Peaks Resort
- Meet the fourth generation ranch pioneers at Aveley Ranch, on their Farm Holiday. Learn to herd sheep, milk cattle and/or lamb ewes. Book a stay at Jandana Ranch to experience an equine vacation out on the range
- Sign up for hiking or Nordic skiing hut-to-hut experiences in Wells Gray Park where guide-led voyages will help you reveal the geology and natural phenomenon of this park
- Uncover the fascinating pioneer history of Wells Gray Provincial Park. Take an easy hike to what remains of the Ray Family farm and the Majuerus Homestead
- Float in the wake of the first Overlanders on a family-friendly rafting trip along the Fraser and North Thompson Rivers
- Experience Sun Peaks during any of the their events or concerts and you’ll be dancing with the locals in no time at all
- Glide and paddle your way through the river in a replica Voyageur Canoe and hear the fascinating history of this region’s first explorers and pioneers
- Book a true north expedition and be pulled through the iconic Canadian scenery on a dogsled tour in Valemount, Sun Peaks or Wells Gray
- Scratch that explorer’s itch the modern day way with a GPS system leading you on a geocache adventure