Let the Mountains Move You
Pack your bags, you’re going on an adventure! Hike, bike, canoe, kayak, bird watch, fish, whitewater raft, cross-country ski, and snowmobile to your heart’s content. Explore Mt. Robson, a UNESCO world heritage site and the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. There are countless wilderness adventures for you in and around the Village of Valemount, near the mouth of the Fraser River. Glacier-fed wilderness lakes, mighty rivers and mountain ranges are waiting for you.
Valemount is nestled between the Cariboo, Monashee, and Rocky mountain ranges on the Yellowhead Highway 5, north of Blue River and south of Jasper, AB. There’s plenty of wilderness here to keep you adventuring for weeks at a time. Sample a little of everything they have to offer in this mountain wilderness.
Valemount’s Recreational Hinterland
The wilderness has a way of beckoning you to venture outside. Take a quiet stroll through the Cranberry Marsh wilderness sanctuary. Slow things down when you revel in the migratory patterns of over 140 species of birds. In the winter, bring the family for an afternoon of skating on the marsh. Visit the Valemount & Mt. Robson Trails website for more info.
Explore the wonders of Mount Robson Provincial Park on your own or on a guided tour. Trek your way up the Berg Lake Trail (23 km/14 mi) to pristine blue-green waters. For something more dramatic, take a heli-tour and experience this glacial jewel from the air.
Create warm summer memories on a family-friendly scenic float trip along the historic Fraser River. For some heart pounding adventure tackle the rapids on a whitewater rafting tour.
Make the snow fly on an epic snowmobile journey through the winter wilderness or snowshoe pioneer-style amongst powder drenched trees.
You’ll find it all here, in Valemount.
Events in Valemount
Events and celebrations in Valemount will have you feeling like a local. Have a good chin-wag with the locals at Valemountain Days and cheer for your favourites at the Canoe Mountain Rodeo. Bull riding, bareback, and barrel racing will have you stompin’ your feet and tossin’ your hat.
Tune in to an eclectic group of performers’ at the Robson Music Festival. In September, take part in the Mount Robson Marathon along the Berg Lake Trail.
It’s time to let the mountains move you.
Connect with Valemount
top Ways to Experience Valemount in the North Thompson Valley
- Lace up your hiking boots or get whisked away to the Berg Lake Trail to experience glacial wonders at their peak
- Take the scenic route and float down the Fraser River or satisfy your appetite for adrenaline and ride its rapids whitewater rafting
- Bring your binoculars and see how many birds you can spot: hawks, eagles, geese, ducks, woodpeckers, owls, warblers and more at Cranberry Marsh
- Plunge through the snow-lined paths, gunning your Snowmobile over crests and through meadows
- Mark your own path snowshoeing and cross-country skiing through a snow-globe of outdoor fun
- Take an iconic Canadian adventure and let man’s best friend be your guide as you dogsled through the frosted trails
- Ride through perfect serenity and manoeuvre through nature’s bounty on a one-of-a-kind ATV ride
- Party like a local at our annual Valemountain Days sampling BBQ and marvel at the parade entries
- From the tips of your boots to the top of your hat cheer on the cowboys and cowgirls competing at the Canoe Mountain Rodeo
- Feel the beats and dance in the shelter of lush trees during the Robson Music Festival